Followers

Thursday, May 1, 2008

ThoughtsAboutACloudyDay


I was 17 years old standing in JFK airport on a cloudy, rainy day about to embark on my 1st airplane flight, to SanAntonio, TX for USAF basic training...upon taking off i had 2 enlightening experiences
1) seeing jackrabbits darting back and forth on the runway...surprised to see these long-earred creatures in such a noisy enviornment amazed me
2) upon reaching altitude there stood before me the bluest sky and brightest sun i had ever seen
amazed that it was no longer cloudy and raining
now while this may be a "no sh** Sherlock" observation it does lend to the fact that no matter how cloudy your day is, its a matter of how high you choose to pilot your airplane

1 comment:

darylhayott said...

I believe that the divine leaves us with sentinals. Guardian voices that assist in wiping the dust off the clouded glass. Many have gave their total being for the inspirations of our endless journeys we call life. This is my brother for life and one of the reasons I do what I do today. eternal debt that can never be repaid. daryl hayott